White is the balanced presence of all colors in synthesis, therefore it gives off a very positive and powerful vibration. White can be a substitute for ANY color if what you want is unavailable at the time, so keep white candles well stocked in case of emergencies.
White traditionally symbolizes purity, truth, sincerity, virtue of all kinds, and the highest spirituality.
- The Magic Candle
by Charmaine Dey
Anonymous asked: Hello, I'm really interested in trying paganism or witchcraft (I need to research, sorry) but having grown up Christian, I'm afraid. I know it's ridiculous, but having it drilled into your head that I'll go to hell if I stray is very heard to break free from. Especially if I decide not to do it later. Do you have any tips or advice?
The best advice I can give is: Education and research are your best friends. Learn all you can. You don’t have to commit unless you want to
There’s no harm in learning~
lets talk about Paganism and Witchcraft
To put it simply, Witchcraft is a secular practice of magic (though sometimes magic isn’t always involved). My definition: it’s a non-religious form of low-based magic.
That’s it~ Witchcraft has a lot of different practices within it, but witchcraft itself is an umbrella term (and as a whole is secular, but can become religious). As a whole, it is independent of religion, beliefs, societal mores, and so on.
It is very individualistic
To put it simply:”Paganism”, or “Pagan”, is a religious umbrella term that is used to denote a wide range of practices or beliefs that
- Arenotconsidered Indigenous spiritualities belonging to Indigenous peoples (Native American or African Tribal Spiritualities, etc)
- Are notworld religions (Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, etc)
- ArenotAbrahamic (Judaism, Islam, Christianity)
- Mayor may notincorporate, include, contain, or revolve around the Occult, Mysticism, Estoercism, the practice of Witchcraft, etc.
Members of the above groups may choose to incorporate certain “usually attributed to Paganism” practices and identify as Pagan. However, they are not inherently Pagan and their identification of such is only their choice and it’s their right to make it. If they specifically choose to (or not to) identify as such, that choice should be respected.pics source: X
To sum it up: Paganism is an umbrella term that covers a lot of different religions
The importance of Paganism being an umbrella term
- it unites a lot of smaller religions and beliefs, and helps give them a voice
- it creates a bigger sense of community
- though no two pagans will have the same belief, they feel more connected because of the word pagan
- It helps expand the knowledge of these beliefs that a one of these smaller religions/beliefs couldn’t do alone
these are just to name a few (very few) reasons why Paganism being an umbrella term is very important.
Now for links and more information:
- Kitchen Witchcraft
- Green Witchcraft
- Hedge Witchery Witchcraft
- Traditional Witchcraft
- nonwiccan witch reading list
- sarahannelawless (a good blog to look at)
- Lessons in Witchraft: cottage Witchcraft pt 1
- Lessons in Witchraft: cottage Witchcraft pt 2
- Lessons in Witchraft: cottage Witchcraft pt 3
- Lessons in Witchraft: Mountain Witchcraft pt 1
- Lessons in Witchraft: Mountain Witchcraft pt 2
- Hellenic Resources - Part I
- Hellenic Resources - Part II
- Hellenic Resources - Part III
- Hellenic Resources - Part IV
- Pagan101: resources
- Paganstudygroup: Index
- Paganinfo (A good blog, recommend~)
best of luck!
Anonymous asked: For the honey jar love spell, does it have to be a legit jar of honey or can I fill a mason jar with honey? Xoxo
I think either one of those options would work! If you don’t want an entire jar of honey to go to waste, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with just transferring some into a separate jar if you’d like.
Witchcraft on a Budget - Making your own Runes
Did you know you can make your own Runes? It’s not that expensive and can be personal just to you.
Tools you will need:
- *Glass gems
- Sharpie Marker
- Clear nail-polish
- Rune symbol sheet (Check online)
- A bag to hold your runes
(*You may also use flat stones, or wood pieces.)
You can find most of these items at your local dollar store!
The first thing you want to do is to get your Glass gems. They come in all the colors of the rainbow, so pick one you like the most.
Lay them all out in front of you, and choose the amount of glass you’ll need for the runes you’ll be making.
Take your sheet with the symbols, and the sharpie (whatever color you like will do) and carefully draw on the symbols of each one.
once they are all drawn on, put them aside, and let the ink dry.
After the ink is dry, take your clear nail-polish and lightly cover the top of the glass, to seal the symbols in.
Let the nail polish dry, and place your runes in a bag for safe keeping.