Anonymous asked: I have a constant feeling of separation from another half, not romantically, but like a twin or a brother. What should I do? I've been coming in contact with a multitude of male or seemingly male figures who appear to be my age on the astral plane since I was very young, if that helps you answer at all.
It might have been that in another life you had a twin, and the bond that connected you both before was never completely severed in this life. So what you’re feeling could be the pulling on that connection that bound you both.
It happens more often than you would think.
Anonymous asked: hi, I'm completely new to the Pagan/Wiccan world. well I've heard of it all my life & my aunt was one but no one ever explained it to me & she passed before I was old enough to understand. is there any way I can learn all there is to know about this practice/lifestyle? I'm deeply interested in it. from what I hear it matches my beliefs & personality every since I was younger. ~lynn
- A Pagan Primer — For Those New to Paganism
- Paganism: An Introduction to Earth-Centered Religions by River Higginbotham and Joyce Higginbotham
- Pagan Spirituality: A Guide to Personal Transfomation by River Higginbotham and Joyce Higginbotham
- Drawing Down the Moon: Witches, Druids, Goddess-Worshippers, and Other Pagans in America by Margot Adler
- Connecting to the Power of Nature by Joe H. Slate
- Exploring the Pagan Path: Wisdom from the Elders (a collection of articles, essays and general commentary from various pagan authors)
- ChristoPaganism: An Inclusive Path by River Higginbotham and Joyce Higginbotham
- Wicca for the Rest of Us
- Wicca Resources
- Witchcraft Today by Gerald Gardner (the founder of Wicca)
- The Meaning of Witchcraft by Gerald Gardner
- The Spiral Dance by Starhawk (most recent edition only, old editions have inaccurate info that has since been updated)
List Credit to natural-magics with some edits.
inthecold-coldnight asked: Hey, I have been reading into witchcraft and wicca and I am very interested, especially in eclectic wicca since you can choose your own path. I was just wondering if you can tell me anything about starting out/ what books I can read/ what websites to go to. I am only in my teens so I am young but I am not doing this to "rebel". Many thanks!
If you are just starting out, and that is the path you are interested in pursuing, I would recommend checking out any of Scott Cunningham’s books. He has a good selection of reading material that I believe to be very helpful to new, young practitioners such as yourself. His work is a great way of easing into the art of witchcraft, and I think it would give you a solid foundation to start from.
Also, if you are interested in learning more about Wicca, I suggest you take a look at this list of recommended books. All of the recommendations there come with detailed descriptions about the contents of the books and why they are important to read. As well, the Wicca: For the Rest of Us website that the list is hosted on has a lot of other resources that would be helpful to you, so definitely browse through the various sections of the site and do some research! It will be helpful to you as a beginner, and also helpful as you develop your practice.
Hope this helps :)
Anonymous asked: Hello! Just wanted to let other witches know that they should get the Gregorian Calendar app on the iPhone! It helps me so much for keeping track of full moon nights! Just wanted to pass this helpful reminder along!
Oh hey thanks!
Anonymous asked: What are the magical properties of dark chocolate?
I’ve heard of chocolate being used in a number of love and sex spells. Many spell ingredients are used not just for the correspondences but for actual scientifically proven benefits. Dark chocolate is a source of mood-stabilizing compounds as well as antioxidants. So I think dark chocolate would go very well in spells for happiness, self-love or other kinds of love. It can be used as an offering to deities or spirits too. Just keep it away from animals, as theobromine is harmful to dogs as well as cats!